Two Recipes from a qualified Nurse, Naturopath and Holistic Nutritionist
Finding healthy and nutritionally balanced food that your little one will love as much as you do, can be really difficult. We are so passionate about eating wholesome and homemade food and providing the same for our families. Baby led weaning and cooking fresh meals and snacks are so much a part of our lives, and an intricate part of how we are raising our children. But it is not always easy in our busy and hectic lives and especially when dealing with very fussy toddlers!
Sarah McCready from Nourishing Little Bellies is a Nurse, Naturopath and Holistic Nutritionist. She has been lovely enough to share some of her healthy and nourishing recipes with us and our beautiful readers. Her dream as a mother and professional is to empower people across the globe to embrace wholehearted wellness and take their health into their hands to live blissfully. With this mantra in mind, please find two of her recipes below. We would love to hear what you think!
Gluten Free Narna Bread
– 1½ Cups( 225G) buckwheat flour
– 1 teaspoon GF baking powder (I use @bobsredmill)
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 3 mashed ripe bananas
– 1 Organic egg (or 1 chia egg for vegan version)
– 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
– 1/4 Cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup sweetener, I use honey or maple syrup (you can choose to completely skip this for a sugar free version, luckily babies/toddlers don’t have a sweet tooth like adults)
– 2 Teaspoons organic vanilla extract
– In a large bowl mix together wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix together being careful not to over mix.
– Place in a regular cake tin and bake the oven for 1 hour at 160 degrees celsius.
Raspberry and Coconut Smoothie
– 1 handful frozen raspberries
– 1.5 cups drinking coconut milk
– 1 large piece pineapple
– 1/2 avocado
– Sprinkle of sea salt for absorption of minerals
Easy Peasy! Just blend all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy!
If you would love more inspiration, please read our article What goes into my Toddler Snack Box
Love Phoebe and Sally
P.S. If you love what you have read, we would really appreciate you joining us on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook